Oracle Utilities wanted to promote their cloud-based technology underpinning the utility smart grid. To help visualize the suite of solutions, Oracle created a micro version of a town – Oracle Tiny Town – enabled with their services, from smart houses that anticipate and communicate to drones that hover above the complex. The objectives were:
– Present Oracle Utilities’ portfolio of services in a new and exciting way
– Demonstrate use-cases of Oracle’s cloud-based services
– Help customers understand the impact of Oracle’s work in their towns.
Oracle tapped EDX to incorporate immersive content into the model, bring Tiny Town to life and demonstrate their vast technological capabilities. EDX supplied a blended AR/VR solution which illustrates the functions of the various utilities through visualizations. In AR, the users see water leaking from the model’s streets as well as simulations of the energy flow generated from power sources such as wind or solar.
The app has been constantly updated with new scenarios, expanded to show how Oracle Utilities can assist with multiple components of the energy grid. Examples of situations it supports include:
– Energy generation such as wind turbines and solar panels
– Energy consumption like EV chargers and home AC
– How the day/night cycle impacts solar energy
– How the rain cycle impacts solar panels
– How wind speed impacts wind turbines
– The impact of an outage in the community
– How pump maintenance works
Oracle Utilities is very happy with the services from EDX Tech and we continue to work together. The app is consistently updated with new scenarios and the Tiny Town concept will become a full-sized installation in the Oracle Innovation Center soon. Further substantial announcements about the partnership will be announced later in 2021.
EDX transformed the complex services that Oracle Utilities provide into a consumable AR learning experience. Information is presented in an engaging and accessible way adding value for Oracle’s marketing and sales team as well as their potential customers.
COMPANY: EDX Technologies