Humanitarian Leadership Academy – Safeguarding Training
A Safeguarding VR training simulation for the aid sector.
Are you ready to respond to someone who shares details of a safeguarding incident?
Conversations with survivors of exploitation and abuse can be challenging, and while traditional options to practice those conversations are available, they are often not scalable or emotionally engaging.
Mona Lisa: Beyond the Glass
Emissive creates the first Virtual Reality experience at the Louvre in partnership with HTC Vive Arts
To commemorate the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci in France, the Louvre is preparing a unique retrospective of da Vinci’s artistic career, opening to the public on October 24th 2019. As part of this landmark exhibition, the Louvre will present its first virtual reality (VR) experience, in partnership with HTC VIVE Arts and Emissive, which will bring to life the story of the Mona Lisa, da Vinci’s most famous masterpiece.
VIROO: Virtualware Immersive Room
VIROO is a virtual reality solution that enables any organisation to launch real scale and multi-user virtual reality content in an easy and affordable way.
VIROO is a complete solution that transforms any physical room into a virtual reality room, by means of a tracking solution and a software that launches the VR content and manages the operations in the room.
The tracking solution, called Nmerso, consists of modular ceiling tiles that provide an absolute reference system and the trackers that read the information from the tiles and provide the position of the users in the room.
VR for Psychosis Research and Treatment
VR for Psychosis Research and Treatment: Using VR for Understanding Risk factors for Paranoid Ideation in Young People
The project is an application that simulates a school canteen in a VR environment for young people between 14 and 16 years old.
The VR experience contains different ambiguous social situations that may trigger paranoid ideation in adolescents when using it. By doing so, the therapist can assess the degree to which individuals experience paranoid ideation to these situations.
The application was developed for Belgian adolescents, complementing the first trial deployed in the UK 2 years ago.
VR CPR Training Experience
- To offer businesses a portable VR-based training solution, along with a companion trainer app that manages students and courses.
- Increase productivity and profitability across their training platforms.
- Adding an additional revenue stream for St John Ambulance through the VR training course.
- Creating a cost effective and time efficient solution that will train teachers, employees and students in CPR with a reduced training time of 75%.
- To increase the percentage of bystanders who feel comfortable and confident enough to deliver First Aid.
Lloyd’s Banking Group Resilience & Vitality
An immersive experience that covers common situations that occur in office environments. Such as training staff in vitality & resilience.
The Learning Need
Stress-related illnesses are on the rise across the UK. Increasingly, employees don’t feel equipped to deal with the demands of the modern work environment.
At the beginning of last year, Lloyds Banking Group looked to tackle this problem head-on with the use of immersive technologies to help develop their employees’ personal vitality and resilience.
Vodafone – Working at Height
Vodafone challenged Make Real to develop a scalable solution to raise awareness around the risks of working at height.
The learning need
The learning need Working at heights can be a dangerous and demanding task. But when installing and maintaining the cell phone infrastructure, a significant portion of Vodafone’s workforce need to work at heights every single day.
As part of a global drive to reduce health and safety incidents, as well as improve the overall well being of their workforce, Vodafone wanted to tackle this challenging area. They were looking for a solution that raised awareness of the real-world demands of working at heights while allowing learners to explore the associated risks in a space that was safe to fail in.
Fluvius – Training: Replace 10.000V Fuses
Train technical installation employees on replacing 10.000 V fuses in life-threatening electrical installations.
Aim of the project
Fluvius wanted to make a difference in training/safety
- create a more fitting and modern training experience for young people (& hard to find technical profiles)
- organise trainings closer to their trainees (VR is mobile)
- provide direct real-time feedback
- avoid life-threatening risks during training
Exoplanet Explorers 2
What lies beyond our solar system? Are there other Earth-like planets? How far can we go in terms of space discovery? Now, we know not only that planets exist orbiting stars other than the Sun, but also that they are likely more numerous than the stars in the sky, presenting a diverse range of environments. Current research has shown us that some of these distant worlds are potentially able to support liquid water, and therefore life.
PERIODIC TABLE OF ELEMENTS (AR)
- To celebrate 150 years of the periodic table ANSTO wanted to create an AR experience that leverages the redesign of their periodic table.
- Designing an educational and engaging learning tool that encourages students to learn all about the Periodic Table and it’s importance in everyday life.
- A handful of AR to leap out of the device that shows you the real world uses of each element.
- With a physical ANSTO wall mounted or pocket sized periodic table, users can understand how useful these elements are to science and industry in the 21st century.