Cubicle Ninjas (CN) developed Guided Meditation VR to help people better manage their anxiety and live more mindfully.
Cubicle Ninjas recognized a deep need for modernized and more accessible anxiety management tools. They knew that the world is full of super busy and ultra-stressed people, but also, that despite a busy life, stress can be manageable and reduced. Mindfulness has the power to improve reactions to anxiety and reduce overall anxiety. CN wanted to create an original and impactful mindfulness technology to help alleviate the stress and anxiety of everyday people.
Guided Meditation VR was the winning solution. This app was created to soothe an anxious mind by immersing users in a relaxing virtual meditation experience. Every element of the app has been designed to be therapeutically oriented. Ultimately, it aims to heal, destress, and re-center the user by offering them a moment of solitude and contemplation in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Accessibility: CN’s app is available on any device and is compatible with most VR headsets, making it highly accessible. The only things standing between a user and their more relaxed self are a phone and a headset. It’s that easy.
- Scenic Environments: The app offers over 20 soothing environments to take a user’s mind off of their anxieties. Most are high definition nature backgrounds, which are scientifically proven to improve well-being. Each offers at least one element of nature, vibrant colors, and different seasons. There’s something for everyone, and users are free to peruse backgrounds at their leisure.
- Customization: The Guided Meditation VR app allows users to customize their duration of meditation, audio soundtrack, and environment. This makes for a tailored mediation every time and allows the user to easily customize their experience. This also allows the app to be useful for most anxiety scenarios, whether you need to destress with only five minutes to spare between meetings or you feel like you need a half an hour of contemplation after a long day.
- Tracker: This app offers an in-depth personal tracker so that the user can feel accomplished of their growth and compare their progression to global users. The tracker showcases monthly progress as a succinct summary of dedication to mindfulness and is great for improving motivation and accountability.
- Timer: The built-in timer allows meditators to remain immersed in the technology without having to check a clock or watch. This allows users to really sink into their healing process and empty their minds without worrying about getting too invested and accidentally meditating the day away.
- Meditation Filters: When anxiety is peaking, it’s easy to feel out of control. This app includes handy filters based on mood and meditation duration so that users can find the mindfulness practice they need as quickly as possible.
- Movement: Unlike setting a peaceful image as your phone background and flipping a glance at the static image, Guided Meditation VR introduces motion to the landscape. The user is taken through fresh grass, rolling clouds, warm sunshine, and other soothing scenarios to explore the VR landscape. This creates an engaging and immersive experience.
“Has the ability to have a significant positive impact on people’s lives”
“Locate yourself in a quiet room with no distractions and you’ll soon find yourself completely immersed in it’s beautiful environments and settings, making this a brilliant way to relax after a long, stressful day.”
– The Rift Arcade
“My favorite programs these days are the ones that send me as far away as possible, to places without even the hint of other people. It’s like taking a brain vacation, and the solitude is the entire point. The free Guided Meditation program can send you deep into a forest or allow you to spend time inside a temple in Japan. […] it’s a brilliant way to clear your head of distractions and frustrations.”
The app has won several awards and accolades since its release and shows no sign of slowing its roll. CN continues to introduce new backgrounds, audio soundtracks and features that do wonders for anxiety management.
Although we would all prefer to be on a beach with our toes in the sand when we get stressed, that’s just not a realistic response. Thanks to Cubicle Ninjas, that relaxing experience is at your fingertips without ever having to leave the house- meaning you don’t have to worry about packing, finding sand in all your clothes, or making it to the airport on time. In a lot of ways, the Guided Meditation VR is a mini vacation without the stress of a real vacation.
STUDIO: Cubicle Ninjas