About the Project
Momentum Engineering requested Sentient create a 3D visualisation of a Deluge System piping upgrade on an offshore platform.
It was determined that using Sentient’s Plan-It 3D software would be the most efficient method allowing for quick review and modifications.
- Create a 3D model of the deluge system and surrounds to be used in the animations.
- Create a 3D visualisation of the sequence of maintenance tasks for upgrading the deluge system piping.
- Using 3D engineering drawings Sentient created a detailed model of the deluge system and a basic model of the offshore platform for location reference.
- A schedule was created in MS Project from a Work Instruction and along with the 3D model was imported into Plan-It 3D for animating.
- A model was created and delivered with a high level of detail on the deluge system including all exciting pipes and all the new pipes flanged pipes which would be installed. The platform superstructure frame was shown as a reference and then faded out to allow a better view of the animated work.
- At the beginning of the task all new pipework is laid down on the ground ready for installation.
Against the schedule each task step was animated highlighting the steps in the sequence.
After camera frames are created a video was produced to allow a simple communication tool for the work required.
STUDIO: Sentient Computing