Partner Software, a utility mapping solution, worked with EDX to provide a proof-of-concept in Lubbock, Texas to show the benefits of their services. The objectives were:
– Show how Partner Software’s GIS systems can work with an in-the-field display, using the town as the case study.
– Demonstrate how EDX technology can help utility companies visualize their network, aiding their field work in the future.
EDX created a digital twin of the city, converting map content into visual data that anyone on-location can see. The software then interfaces with the GIS system to draw the relevant information needed to observe the energy grid of the city. The software solution is device-agnostic and works across multiple devices such as tablets, smartphones and HMDs.
Assets pulled for the project include:
– Physical installations such as poles and transformers
– Equipment manuals and configurations
– Events tracking (weather, traffic)
– Grid location and flow between assets
Taken together, devices can observe a digital twin of the real-life location, layered with relevant information at their exact spot in Lubbock.
The project was a success, and we continue to work with Partner Software to build the proof-of-concept and apply it to other locations in the USA. Since the end of the POC phase, EDX is in talks with the local utility to explore potential collaboration opportunities that incorporate our solutions.
The Lubbock trial showed that we have the capabilities necessary to help utilities visualize their grid in an effective and seamless way, fulfilling our goal that GIS systems can interface with our technology.
COMPANY: EDX Technologies