Celebrity Cruises is a world-class, cruise vacation company.
Xennial Digital is a leading eXtended Reality (XR) company, focused on helping educational and corporate institutions develop highly immersive and results-driven learning experiences through VR and Mixed Reality.
In early 2018, the organizations joined forces to create a VR training and sales solution to help travel agents and onboard sales agents learn about the new Celebrity Edge cruise ship, 11 months before its launch.
– Create an immersive training and sales solution to help travel agents and onboard sales teams understand the new areas of the new Celebrity Edge
– Implement a multi-platform solution to be delivered through VR devices, a mobile app and a microsite
– Celebrity only had renders of the areas of the ship it wanted to include in the solution
– Xennial Digital developed a multi-platform training and sales solution
– The VR experience focused on one of the marquee features of the ship, the Magic Carpet, where potential clients could navigate through the world’s first cantilevered, floating platform that reaches heights of 13 stories above sea level – The experience was built for both day and night
– A mobile app was also launched, providing the capability to navigate through the Magic Carpet by using the phone or see it in VR through a cardboard
– On the Web, a set of 360 views of different environments, including the Magic Carpet, were created to allow access through a computer/laptop
“Virtual Reality is enabling our sales teams not only to learn about the new features of our upcoming ships, but also to use it as a powerful sales tool. The VR solution we built in collaboration with Xennial Digital last year was very dynamic. We delivered it on a diverse set of platforms, from the Google Cardboard to the high-end HTC Vive and it allowed our travel partner and global sales team to showcase the signature feature, the “Magic Carpet”, on our brand new ship the Celebrity Edge.”
– Shea Callaway, Lead – Onboard Sales Business Development, Celebrity Cruises
STUDIO: Xennial Digital