ABOUT: A seasoned sales and business development manager from Singapore. Worked and lived in several countries throughout the years. Background in computer science, biology, art and medicine. Passionate about creating amazing customer experiences and promoting innovative technologies to help his customers to revolutionize and lead their industries.
How did you decide to get into VR?
– We were looking for new and innovative ways to help our customers to stand out in their industries and came across the Oculus demo. We immediately saw the potential business value that can be generated by this technology and have decided to invest our time and efforts in mastering it and getting the best talents on board to lead the Asian market. We secured our first projects almost instantly and have been expanding our portfolio ever since. VR has opened multiple opportunities for industries such as Real-Estate, Tourism, Healthcare and more and we intend to lead the market across these industries.
What can I as a customer expect in terms of communication and collaboration?
– We are more than just ‘VR producers’. We bring extensive business and marketing knowledge to the table and help customers to formulate campaigns from A to Z. We specialize in providing a holistic marketing plan with clear KPIs and maximal CX across various channels. Working with us is more than just a fun process – we are committed to our customers’ success and go above and beyond to ensure it.
Can your company handle campaign volume production?
– Yes. We have done it before and are currently doing it with two large travel brands across hundreds of stores.
How would you describe your company culture?
– We are focused on being the best and leading the market. I would say it has the soul of a true startup.
Can you show me something you’ve done that you are extra proud of?
– We have partnered with Flight Centre, one of the largest travel companies in world and were featured on Channel News Asia. We are very happy with this partnership and are working together on expanding it to multiple locations. We are proud to be part of the first time a travel company adopts a VR as a daily business tool.
In what locations are you avaliable to work?
– Our main office is in Singapore and we have a presence in Australia, the US, Israel and Japan.
What would you say is your expertise?
– Virtual reality apps and video productions for the hospitality, travel and tourism industries. We are now exploring expansion into the real estate industry as well.
Can I get revisions of completed work?
– Yes, we will not rest until our customers are 110% happy with the result. We are proud to say that it happens very fast
What can you do for a small company with limited financial resources?
– Thanks to our connections in our core industries we are able to create partnerships between brands and customers to reduce production costs to a minimum. Our prices and time-to-delivery cannot be matched by any other company.
I’ve been living in van down by the river the last few years and just got back to work at the marketing department, can you explain to me why I should hire a VR studio?
– VR has the benefit of exciting people by introducing innovative ways to ‘experience’. As such revolutionizing technologies happen only once in a decade (last one was the introduction of smartphones) – those who will adopt it early will greatly benefit from it.
What sort of VR marketing experiences will future tech allow for?
– We think it could replace physical presence in places and serve as a simple way to spend a virtual weekend around the world. We also believe it will significantly impact the way real estate is being marketed.
What are the risks and pitfalls with VR marketing? Describe what you would advice against doing.
– There are two ways to go about it: 1. One-time marketing campaign. In this case it is not different than any other campaign and it’s a one-time marketing investment which will create it positive impact and will fade. 2. Strategic marketing tool. In this case I would suggest partnering with a company that can consult and formulate a roadmap to realize the real value. This is where TaKanto bring the biggest added value compared to a standard production company, as talented as it may be.
How big can VR marketing get and what will it take for it to get there?
– It will grow to an extent. Once too many brands will use it, which will probably take a couple of years – it will lose its impact. That’s why now is the best time to get onboard.
Having a hard time picking a VR studio? We are here to help! Tell us about your project and we will put together a short list of elite studios that we think would be a good match. This service is free. Find out more HERE.