Augmented reality is one of the rising trends in healthcare. However, just as every breakthrough technology, before its widespread adoption, it has to go through an experimental phase, during which new ways of use are discovered and the technology is perfected. For the best results, close cooperation between the tech industry and healthcare professionals is essential. It can benefit both parties: tech companies can receive valuable feedback and get to know the point of view of end-users, and medical personnel can take advantage of the innovations in their daily work.
Apptension has experienced the many benefits of this approach to MedTech product development themselves, during the creation of an experimental augmented reality app aimed for hand surgeons.
Denis Mazur – DreamVR
How did you guys get into VR?
– Most of the team got acquainted with virtual reality in our youth, reading fantastic stories where VR technologies could literally create new worlds and grant freedom. Inspired by all of this we created the Company, where we work with technologies that are changing the world. And we are involved in these changes. We create worlds, bring the impossible and unbelievable ideas to reality, who cares if it is virtual — virtual today, real tomorrow!
Digitalization in COVID-19
STRATASYS’ RESPONSE TO THE COVID 19 CRISIS:
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN RECORD TIME LEVERAGING VISIONARIES 777 AR PACKAGED SOLUTION FOR GLOBAL PRODUCT LAUNCH
Exceeded target of downloads by distributors, customers and internal staff in first week since AR app launch.
National Health Service AR Medical Diagnostics
The UK’s National Health Service, the UK’s national public health care provider, trains thousands of healthcare assistants, nurses, and doctors every year and employs some 1.5 million people, making it a top five employer globally. As a result, the NHS is constantly searching for better ways to train their employees and achieve better learning results. One problem they identified was that certain subject areas were challenging for learners using conventional training methods, which are both costly and time consuming. They needed a solution that would accelerate knowledge transfer of key subject areas, reduce costs, and improve the number of people who can be exposed to training.
REWILD Our Planet
A multi-sensory experience that repairs the connection between human beings and the natural world, based on the Netflix original documentary series Our Planet.
Adam Vahed – Apache
ABOUT: I am the founder and CEO of Apache; an industry-leading AR & VR development studio. We create highly immersive, innovative and dynamic interactive experiences based on major motion picture and television IPs. We have worked directly with all of the major Hollywood film studios to adapt blockbuster movies to the AR & VR universe, delivering memorable experiences to a global audience.
A CUSTOMISABLE DIGITAL EXPERIENCE FOR A NEO-MILLENNIAL GENERATION
A self-managed property platform enabling developers to deliver a consistent, seamless digital storytelling experience to customers worldwide on multiple devices and languages.
Downloaded via Private (Internal Distribution) or Public App Store (IOS, Android), this elegant, customisable app gives customers a personal, user-centric experience from the comfort of their own home. Additional augmented reality features can help immersive users in their chosen space and differentiate from the competition.
Wim Bonjean – B·U·T
ABOUT: Wim Bonjean – Futurologist by night, Chief Creative Technologist of B·U·T by day. With an education in audiovisual techniques and ICT, Wim has a rare profile: a tech guru in the creative sector.
Memira AR Anatomy
Insights into anatomy through AR
Memira has been in the medical industry working on eyesight correctional treatments for over 20 years and eventually took the lead position in the north. As they said it, their background lies with experienced opticians and doctors who have a vision of a world without vision.
Nike Hyperdunk+ Experience
- An experience exclusive to Nike’s 2012 Festival of Sports in Shanghai
- Trigger developed an event-based app which gives consumers an exclusive look in-to Nike’s latest technology-packed shoe, the Hyperdunk+
- Hyperdunk+ video commercial featuring LeBron James plays in AR space
- Entire app localized in Chinese to use as a tool to help promote more involvement in sports across China
- Local Trigger employees staffed the event booth to guide attendees through the experience