What business leaders need to know and do
- Don’t believe the hype: the metaverse is an evolution, not a revolution. And it’s one that business leaders should not ignore.
- The metaverse may profoundly change how businesses and consumers interact with products, services and each other.
- Key metaverse concepts, including digital economy innovations such as cryptocurrencies, are business-relevant today.
- Risks are real too: new technologies require new strategies and new methods to build trust.
- Measured actions can allow business leaders to familiarize themselves with the six most important metaverse concepts and explore lower-risk use cases.
When it comes to “the metaverse,” few business leaders would consider themselves experts. Some may wonder if it even matters to their companies. The short answer: yes, it does.
In fact, several metaverse concepts are already becoming concrete. Others will soon. Many companies are investing, aiming to deepen customer loyalty, engage in new ways with their communities and grow revenue.
Yet there’s reason for wariness too. The metaverse is suddenly hot, even though the underlying technology trends have been underway for years. As in the internet’s early days, this innovation likely contains pockets of speculation, overvaluation and unwise investment — especially since a true metaverse, as tech visionaries imagine it, is still years away. Not every company needs to become a metaverse leader today.
The good news is, it’s possible to separate the reality from the hype: understand what the metaverse is really about and take practical, affordable steps to meet your company’s needs.
Continue reading here: Demystifying the metaverse