ABOUT: In 2015, Forbes Middle East named Kiyany as one of the leading media storytellers in the UAE and received ITP filmmaker of year recognition for first UAE Interactive Film ZaabiliDoc debuted at DIFF with multi awards & recognition for his shorts & new media projects in UAE & around the world. Currently, work on immersive & original Virtual Reality projects.
How did you get into VR?
– With love and passion to cinema. However I also felt constrained to frame size and how far you could go with your story in a frame. I have experimented with Interactive storytelling in the past where you enable your aduience to take action by selecting scenes. However after following news on VR and doing some experiments, I found it to be an extremly exciting and promissing medium to invest in and develope further. I belive VR will be a prefered medium to many in the coming years.
What is it like working with you guys? What can I as a customer expect in terms of communication and collaboration? Take me through the process.
– After receiving client brief we take them through a creative meeting, like a storytelling session where we and the client together find all the ingredients of their story and decide on form and structure. We enable client to follow up on our process throught out integration of project log to weekly update and capturing feedback on indivudal clips in timeline. We also provide complete VR experinces to clients throught our draft submissions.
How would you describe your company culture?
– We are a colllaborative platform and work closely to deliver our clients story in most innovating way. For more about our values visit http://kiyany.com/about/
Can you show me something you’ve done that you are extra proud of?
– Here is our recent VR project for client in Dubai http://kiyany.com/360-vr-film-production-in-dubai-uae/360-vr-film
What area, geographically speaking, are you available to work in?
– We are based in Dubai and expanding to Gulf Arab countries, we are also very keen to work overseas wherever we are able to connect our clients to their audience.
What is your company’s core expertise?
– Inspiring Cinematic Stories. As humans, our existence, well being and survival depends on our ability to communicate and relate to each other. In appearance we are different, but in reality our diversity complement a beautiful painting that represents one being; the human being. We tell stories to entertain, to persuade and to explain. Our minds do not like random facts or objects and so they create their own stories to make sense of otherwise discrete, isolated events and items.
Do you offer any type of satisfaction guarantee?
– We work very hard with the client to have a bigger understanding at all levels. We continue communciating at every step and then we bring all story together by connecting the dots. What we gurantee is universal, timeless & inspirng audiences at any level.
Do you offer revisions of completed work?
– We have limited revision based on work reuqirment. We share all our terms & policiy within proposal and willig to negotiate with client at early stage assuring tranparent deal and workflow.
Money is a big issue. Can you give some examples of what you can do for a small company with limited resouces?
– Film production always depends on scope of work and requirements. We worked on projects as little as $3k to $50k. We’ve been able to work on variety of budgets and scopes in the past.
I own a bike factory and want to promote our latest BMX model. What sort of VR experience would you suggest for me?
– Frist thing I do is to place the product into life of a charachter which in combination with we tell an emotional, powerfull story which make your audience part of it.
I own an insurance company and we would like to promote our life insurance. What sort of VR experience would you suggest for me?
– Filming POV of a charachter who, without seeing him, we can still connect with. Family, friends and more. You can find in between the importance of insurance to the life of him.
I own a sushi restaurant. What sort of VR experience would you suggest for me?
– VR is all about presence. What if I can experience the life of a chef or owner or delviery boy as well as a close look at all over the restourant to assure he qaulity and values of such organization.
I’ve been living in a cave the last few years and just got back to work at the marketing department, can you explain to me why I should invest in a VR marketing campaign?
– VR solves a huge problems marketers have around engagement and awareness for the following reasons: Immersive – users wearing a headset are completely immersed in the content, meaning fewer distractions and more attention on the message. Impactful – the intensity of a VR experience is greater than traditional media generating strong emotions in its users which are linked to real behaviour change. Memorable – our brains are built to remember events linked to locations, this means that VR experiences have a longer trace in the audience’s memory.
If you were to speculate freely. What sort of VR experiences do you think we will see in the future, in terms of marketing?
– I believe in the future VR will be mixed reality with AR and more. It will allow us to go beyond today’s limit.
VR is a no doubt powerful tool that and the industry is young. What are the risks and pitfalls with VR marketing? Describe what you would advice against doing.
– Simply if we arent able to tell meaningful story, a story which doesn’t add prescence.
What is it about VR that gets you excited?
– The possibilities and new areas to discover.