ABOUT: Arvind Ghorwal is the founder and CEO of Elysian Studios. He first explored filmmaking in IIT-Bombay. His love for it led to him making a lot of short films and documentaries that have won me numerous awards. To pursue the visual language of films and images further, he joined Housing and set up their Imagery and Aerial teams from scratch. While there, he was exposed to Virtual Reality. His intrigue for the medium, combined with his passion for filmmaking, motivated him to go on an entrepreneurial journey with Elysian Studios. ‘Elysian’ means divinely inspired. Arvind believes in doing what he loves, in the highest form taking inspiration from the Universe.
How would you describe your company culture?
– As our name suggests, our team consists of people who love what they do. It is only then that you are able to do great work. We believe in this and ensure that everyone is working on things/ projects that they are passionate about.
Can you show me something you’ve done that you are extra proud of?
– Key monastery VR – our experience got shortlisted at Tampere film festival 2017, Finland. We have got a great response for this experience, also helping us get international recognition. Please have a look at the trailer here. Our other VR experiences have also gathered a lot of love on social media:
2. Serene VR
3. Udaipur VR
Can your company handle campaign volume production?
– In case of high volume, we have a network of freelancers who can be looped in for the required duration to complete the project quickly and on time. Thus, the production volume is not an issue.
What is your company’s core expertise?
– Our strength is in producing high quality VR experiences from scratch, we have worked on more than 15 VR projects since our inception and we have developed our in-house VR expertise in pre production, production and post production to create unique VR experiences making sure that the audience is mesmerized.
Do you offer any type of satisfaction guarantee?
– We work with our clients very closely, informing them about all the main details of what’s happening with the project. Thus, we take feedback from them constantly to make sure everyone is on the same page. We make sure we have created exactly what we wanted as per the clients satisfaction. Great customer experience is our top priority.
Do you offer revisions of completed work?
– Yes, we do offer revisions in case the client’s demand has changed. We make sure that we create exactly what the client wants.
Money is a big issue. Can you give some examples of what you can do for a small company with limited resouces?
– I think budget is not an issue, we can always come up with ideas which can help us create great VR experiences in low cost, around the client’s budget. The client will have to compromise at few places but I am sure we can definitely create a great VR experience even at low costs.
I own a bike factory and want to promote our latest BMX model. What sort of VR experience would you suggest for me?
– A guided POV VR experience of driving the bike on the world’s best road (for bikes). Giving a user an immersive feel of the amazing location and a well known celebrity from the bike championships, giving all the details about what makes that bike unique. Another experience can be created on just how these bikes are manufactured, giving a complete tour of the factory and the quality ensuring techniques used by the company. Thus, promoting the company as well as it’s products.
I own a sushi restaurant. What sort of VR experience would you suggest for me?
– POV VR experience of dining in the restaurant from the perspective of a couple, family or friends. A mini series of such episodes can be created from the perspectives of the kinds of people who visit this restaurant. Making sure we capture the essence of how it feels to have a dining experience in the restaurant, focusing on the unique propositions be it sushi, amazing staff or the interior design.
Why I should invest in a VR marketing campaign?
– Every marketer is searching for ways by which he can maximize the impact on any given user. The VR marketing campaigns can have an impact up to10x compared to a normal campaign. In VR you are immersing your audience into another world where you have full control on how to maximize the brand impact. You should give it a shot.
What sort of VR experiences do you think we will see in the future, in terms of marketing?
– I think a lot of POV VR experiences will come, where we will feel like what happens when we use a particular product differentiating the impact, by focusing on the value creation.
How big can VR marketing get and what will it take for it to get there?
– VR marketing is going to go big because the impact on the user is very high. The conversion of the user into a paying client will be much high with VR compared to other marketing ways. We should be witnessing a platform shift in the coming time, where everything moves to VR/ AR/ MR and the current ways of marketing may get replaced completely by these innovative new ways. Exciting times ahead.
What is it about VR that gets you excited?
– With VR, the possibilities are endless, we have just seen very little content till now. With POV VR experiences and virtual worlds coming, the line between the real and the virtual will keep on getting thiner. We may have a time in the next few decades, where we might ask our kids which world would you want to live in?
STUDIO: Elysian Studios